Shannon O’Neill (Sydney)
Shannon O’Neill is an artist, academic and curator who works across music, radio, Internet, performance, text, video and installation. Shannon works as a lecturer in Media Arts at the University of Technology, Sydney and is currently completing a PhD in music at the University of Wollongong.
He has been a director of the Electrofringe festival (2001-02), the Disorientation series (2003), and the Sydney Liquid Architecture festival (2005-07) and is the founder of Alias Frequencies, an organisation that promotes and publishes music and media art.
He contributed a chapter to the new book Experimental Music: Audio Explorations in Australia.
This edition of ELEVENELEVEN features all Australian artists.
1.Emma Russack – Death Heads
2. Atone – Cockroach [Brutalism / Shebeen/Basscode]
3. Loom – sss nail shell
4. DJ Do – Adolf a Carrot? [Mangled by the Tool of Satan]
5. Itch-E & Scratch-E – Bastards [Irritable / Volition]
6. The Process Void – Comfort Zone [Arcane Matter / Green Mutant]
7. New Waver – Life Force [The Defeated / Endearing]
8. Puzahki – Suffocating Matt Pt 2 [Smoking When Pregnant / Alias Frequencies]
9. Wheelsfalloff – Woman [Tough Titties / Goulburn Poultry Fanciers Society]
10. Go Back to your Precious Wife and Son – Monkey Machine [Shindii Shimae]
11. John Watermann – D5 – [Ambiguity / Night Shift]
12. Systematics – 245T [Rural / M Squared]
13. Lucas Darklord – How God Rapes (Literal Reading) [Bleaching All Life You Knew / Painfree Foundsound Institute]
14. Melds – Melds [Melds / Alias Frequencies]
15. Beardwagon – Never – [Poolside]