Jacqui O’Reilly (Sydney, AUS)
Podcast: Emerge Outside
Jacqui O’Reilly is a singer/songwriter from Sydney, Australia. Emerging from the folk underworld into new electronic music by way of passion, projects and people, Jacqui has prepared the Emerge Outside podcast.
The podcast features a thirty minute improvised soundscape that was recorded live at the Emerge Outside performance at Performance Space, CarriageWorks in Sydney. Emerge Outside, a project conceived by Jacqui O’Reilly and Randolf Reimann (Tra La La Blip), was built on the notion that hidden outside mainstream society, people exist with a passion for music making, who often do not get a chance to inhabit a creative space, or access new technologies and artistic processes, due to social and physical barriers systemic in our society.
The project engaged nine people with and without a disability in a two day music making workshop. Using found sounds, modern synthesis techniques and a quadraphonic sound system, the group created an immersive journey into sound.
Also included in the podcast are tracks by Huw Lewis (Emerge Outside project); Sarah Bock (Press Eject/Emerge Outside project); Pumice (NZ) with his cover of Chris Knox song Grand Mal from 1989; a Daniel Johnston cover by The Ghost of 29 Megacycles (WA) and an Outside Remix by Randolf Reimann with Jacqui O’Reilly on vocals.
1. EO Collective – Emerge Outside Soundscape [Unreleased]
2. Huw Lewis – Strangest Dream [Unreleased]
3. Grand Mal – Pumice [Stroke / Mushroom]
4. Press Eject – On Off [Unreleased]
5. Kris Keogh – A Thousand Miles Away [Chrysanthemum / Collapsed Records]
6. The Ghost of 29 Megacycles – True Love Will Find You in the End [Love Via Paper Planes / Sound & Fury Records]
7. Dolfazoid aka Randolf Reimann – Outside Remix [Unreleased]
8. Jacqui O’Reilly – Emerge Outside Vox Coda [Unreleased]