We would just like to thank all the artists and guest programmers who have contributed to making 2010 a great year for the Eleven Eleven podcast. Have a happy holiday season. We’ll be back in 2011.
Christmas *special* by Shane Jesse Christmass aka Mattress Grave.
Mattress Grave is the musical and sound permutation of Shane Jesse Christmass, the Perth-born, Melbourne-based writer.
In 2006 Christmass was runner-up in The Age Short Story Competition with his entry Remaking the Image of the World, and in 2008 he published an anthology of his short stories, Croak & Grist (Paroxysm Press). He has published a number of stories including Cold to the Point Past Death, (Red Cent Publishing, 2010), The Charnel Stink Within, (Mini Shots, Vignette Press, 2008), The Arvo & Early Evening of the Axe, (10 Years that Didn’t Kill Us, 2008, Paroxysm Press).
Other fiction work has featured in the journals New Wave Vomit, LIES/ISLE, amphibi.us, Cordite, one-eight vulture, dotdotdash and The Diamond & the Thief, as well as sound poetry in the Atlanta journal, As Long As It Takes. He also edits the journal Queen Vic Knives. He just completed his first public reading of his screenplay, Orderly, at the inaugural Lion Pie Laboratory in Sydney.
“I oppose the hypocalcaemia of mendacity; the floods of the despair points; the common goodness to not hang ourselves with our neckties” – Mattress Grave.
1. Intro – Mattress Grave [ Unreleased ]
2. Awake – Digital Mystikz [ CAT 160 Grime 2 / Rephlex ]
3. Private Armies (Dub) – Vivien Goldman [ Wild Dub / Dread Meets Punk Rocker – Select Cuts ]
4. Got, Done (Xiu Xiu Re:Mix) – Tender Buttons [ Got It Now, Done It Now.. Most Certainly ep / Pacific Rock Records ]
5. Zombie Warfare – Chrome [ Anthology 1979-1983 / Cleopatra Records ]
6. Chrome Dust Hazards – Mattress Grave [ Unreleased ]
7. Mole Machine – Simply Saucer [ Cyborgs Revisited / Sonic Unyon Recording Company ]
8. Opening Text – Antonin Artaud [ To Have Done With The Judgement Of God / Sub Rosa ]
9. -3 (Original) – Percy X Vs Bloodsugar [ -3 Single / Soma Quality Recordings ]
10. Summer Rmx By DJ Hell – Dave Clarke [ Four Season Rmx / ACV Records ]
11. Rm. 34 – Mattress Grave [ Unreleased ]
12. The Road – ESG [ Keep On Moving / Soul Jazz Records ]
13. Electric Africa – Manu Dibango [ Essential Recordings [Disc 1] / Union Square Music Ltd ]
14. M. Daguerre – Rachel’s [ Handwriting / Quarterstick Records ]
15. I’ll Get By (As Long As I Have You) – Nelson Riddle [ The Best of the Capitol Years / EMI Records ]
16. Suite No. 1 – Giles, Giles & Fripp [ The Cheerful Insanity of Giles, Giles & Fripp / Eclectic Discs ]
17. Processional Music: Squire Smith – Accompong Maroons [ Drums Of Defiance: Maroon Music From The Earliest Free Black Communities Of Jamaica / Smithsonian-Folkways Recordings ]
18. High life – Ibliss [ Deutsche Elektronische Musik: Experimental German Rock And Electronic Musik 1972-83 pt.2 / Soul Jazz Records ]
19. Child’s Play: Schattentanz – Steffen Schleiermacher [ Schleiermacher: For Children / MDG Records ]
20. Acid Tracks – Phuture [ Can You Jack? Chicago Acid And Experimental House 1985-95 [Disc 2] / Soul Jazz Records ]
21. Pulp [original unreleased mix] – Godflesh [ Streetcleaner  / Earache Records ]
22. Albatross – Public Image Ltd. [ Second Edition / Virgin Records Ltd ]
23. Typical Girls (Brink Style Dub) – The Slits [ Wild Dub - Dread Meets Punk Rocker / Select Cuts ]
24. Get Stupid “Fresh” Part 1 – Mantronix [ The Album / Warlock Records Inc ]
25. Kill Version – Razor X Productions [ Killing Sound / Rephlex ]
26. Track 05 – Anonymous [ Proibidao C.V. (Forbidden Gang Funk from Rio de Janeiro) / Sublime Frequencies ]